MY AGREEMENT WITH PDTC
•I waive and release PDTC and St. Aloysius Academy (SAA), their employees, members, volunteers, and directors from any and all liability of any nature for injury or damage which I or my dog may suffer while attending any training session or other function of this training facility or while on the training grounds or surrounding areas, including anything that may happen to me or my family or any other person as a result of COVID-19, including anything that may happen to me or my family or any other person as a result of COVID-19.
• I agree to indemnify and hold harmless PDTC and SAA, their employees, members, volunteers and directors from any and all claims or injury or damage by any member of my family or any other person accompanying me to any training session or function of this training facility or while on the training grounds or the surrounding are, including anything that may happen to me or my family or any other person as a result of COVID-19, including anything that may happen to me or my family or any other person as a result of COVID-19.
• I confirm that my dog, if over 12 weeks old, has a current rabies inoculation in compliance with Pennsylvania law and will provide a rabies vaccine certificate the first night of class.
All of us come to class because of a love for our dog and for the company of others who feel as we do. By observing these simple rules everyone can train and learn from others in a positive setting.
• Proper equipment includes an approved collar and a leash. Approved collars include flat buckle collars, choke collars, prong collars and halti collars. Leashes can be woven or leather. Unacceptable leashes include chain, plastic, cat leashes and clothesline. Please ask your instructor about the appropriate equipment for you and your dog. No flexi leads and no electronic collars are allowed.
• For your safety, proper footwear is required for participation in class. Shoes should fit securely on your feet, have closed toes and heels and have a non-slip sole. Flip flops and slide-in sandals are not acceptable.
• Your dog must be on leash and under control at all times, both inside and on the grounds. Dogs should not interact with other dogs when coming to, during or leaving class.
• We want to keep our training site clean. There are designated areas for dogs’ elimination needs. You should clean up after your dog, both outdoors and indoors, and properly dispose of any solid waste.
• Visitors without dogs are welcome but must remain seated for class. Children are also welcome, but must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult.
• Do not bring your dog to class if the dog is “in season” or is sick. You may attend without the dog and work at home.
• You should be careful where you step. Watch for tails, feet and noses.
• Please keep conversations to a minimum during class, so everyone can hear the instructor. If your dog is barking, the instructor can show you how to control the barking.
• Do not feed your dog prior to class. You will be using treats during the class. Do not offer treats to other dogs, except with permission of the dog’s handler. • Be aware of what your dog is doing while waiting for class to start and during class. Seemingly innocent behavior can cause problems in dog language. Friendly attempts to socialize may be perceived as threatening by a shy or territorial dog. Two dogs playing may get in the way of, or provoke, another dog. Staring can be an intimidating signal to another dog. Training aims to strengthen the bond between you and your dog, so try to keep your dog’s attention focused on you. And always observe how your dog is coping, as some of the biggest problems come when your attention is not focused on your dog.
• No negative interactions between dogs or their own handlers will be tolerated. Any issues should be brought to the attention of the instructor and the instructor’s decision shall be final. PDTC reserves the right to excuse any dog or handler who PDTC determines is a danger to the class.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WHEN TRAINING DURING COVID-19
If you fail to abide by any of these requirements proposed to protect you and the others in your class, you will be asked to leave and will not be permitted back in class.
• There can only be one person training each dog.
• You are to stay in your car with your dog until your instructor invites you into class.
• You will be coming in one door and leaving from another.
• Classes will be 60 minutes with 15 minutes in between classes.
• Masks are required whether training inside or outside.
• There will no interaction of dogs and trainees must remain 6’ apart.
• Only instructors will handle equipment.
• You are encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer.
• If you are sick or if someone in your home is sick or if you know that you have come into contact with someone who may have COVID-19, you must not come to class.