The club is always looking to add enthusiastic individuals to our membership. There are two ways to become a member.
Just take two classes beyond the Puppy-K at your lesiure, such as the Beginner class and Advanced Companion class. After two classes have been completed, you can apply for membership.
If you are already an experienced obedience handler, you can take either a full Advanced Companion, or Advanced Competition session, and then apply for membership.
What do you gain by being a member?
- Depending on your current training level, you are then entitled to train as many dogs as wanted at the Thursday Advanced Companion, or Tuesday Avanced Competition (Open and Utility) classes. Take advantage of our great instructors, including one who is an AKC judge.
- Receive our quarterly newsletter.
- Assist with our annual obedience trial, and come to various social events throughout the year.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of being with people who also enjoy their dogs and train with others.
What is the cost of membership?
- Individual $105/yr
- Family $115/yr
What are the training fees?
- $165/yr for indivual or first family member
- $55/yr for each additional family member
The club is starting a mentoring program to match up new members with others who are experienced handlers. We have members who train and show in Rally, Obedience, and who use the classes to continue to train their dogs for therapy work. Of course, there are those members who do not show their dogs, but who just want to have a well mannered pet!