We are always looking to add enthusiastic individuals to our membership. There are two ways to become a member.
- After you have completed two (2) classes after Puppy-K, such as Beginner and Advanced Companion 1, you can apply for membership.
- If you are an experienced obedience handler, you can apply for membership after taking either the Advanced Companion 1 or 2 or a Competition class.
What do you gain by being a member?
- You may train as many dogs as you wish in our Advanced Companion 2 class or our Competition classes. (The classes, of course, depend on your current training level).
- You may train in our Puppy-K or Beginner classes at 50% of the class training fee.
- You will take advantage of our great instructors, including one who is an AKC judge.
- You will receive our newsletter.
- You will have the opportunity to assist with our annual obedience trial and come to our social events throughout the year.
- You will enjoy the camaraderie of others who enjoy their dogs and training with them.
What is the cost of membership?
- Individual membership is $100 per year.
- Family membership is $125 per year.
What are the training fees?
- $220 per year for an individual or the first family member.
- $90 per year for each additional family member.
- $10 discount for Seniors (70 and older).
PDTC has a mentoring program to match up new members with others who are experienced handlers. We have members who train and show in Rally and Obedience and Agility and those who use the classes to continue to train their dogs for therapy work. Of course, there are members who don’t compete, but who just want to have a well mannered pet!